Pages

Home Camping

Trapped in the city, stuck at home, overloaded with work, hobbled by ailing health, I haven't been in the field for over a month, not since the trip to Inje in late October. Envious of my friends, who appear to be enjoying the start of the cold-weather camping season without me, I convert the master bedroom into my personal indoor campsite. It will remain this way until my wife returns from an overseas business trip at the end of the week, at which point I may haul the whole setup to the roof.

From left: Mystery Ranch Grizzly, Therm-a-Rest Trekker Lounge, Therm-a-Rest Trailpro, D-Pack, MSR Hubba Hubba (fly only), Primus ExpressSpider, Granite Gear Rock 900, Snow Peak Baja Table, Snow Peak Titanium Cookset, Snow Peak T-Double Low Mug, Snow Peak Carry-on Chopsticks, MRE Beef Stew, Baro Japchae-Bap, Black Diamond Apollo.

3 comments:

  1. lol. when i was a kid i used to set up our tent in the backyard. this is a pretty cool "fort" to set up indoors...if you're 8 years old.

    where did you get the wooden foundations? those are kind of cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually, it's quite comforting to sleep in the tent. it muffles sounds (like those of a 3-yr-old running around in the morning, as well as his cartoons on TV) and dims the morning sunlight--yes, basically, it helps me sleep in. also, we can't control the heat in our apt, and the building admin is on some energy-conserving kick, so it's kinda cold these days.

    @RVD: we had the wooden bases custom-made in lieu of box springs.

    ReplyDelete